Thursday, July 30, 2015

The perspective that time gives.....

  I'm a little late on my latest entry, I had a goal to do at least one a month over the summer, but as you can see, I didn't make it. I did have some time to reflect though.  I asked myself a question. I asked myself if I could see a difference over the last five years in my life. What was expected? What was unexpected? Have the last five years had any influence to shape me into the person I am now? Five years may seem like a short window, and in a lot of ways, it is. We tend to get comfortable in our routines. So much so, that we get a little upset if we get interrupted sometimes, don't we?  I think it's understandable, after all, we are creatures of habit.

  But I think that five years is a long enough period of time to look back, and get a perspective of what direction you've been headed, and where you are going. You can observe yourself from just about any criteria you may want to examine yourself from. That's the variable. The time period is variable too. It doesn't matter if it's five years, ten, it can be anything you need it to be. The constant here is your direction. And it requires honesty with yourself. That can be a tough one, not a lot of wiggle room. There is a popular idea making the rounds in some circles these days, that perception is reality. In other words, if a person sees something, witnesses an event, then that eyewitness account is equal to reality. In some cases that might be true, but not in every case. Sometimes reality is reality. We have to be smart enough to use insight and judgment, objectivity and distance from emotion, to just look at the facts, and see where they lead us. The reality of a situation might be 180 out from our perception of it, we have to be willing to let the truth say what it has to say.

  Five years ago, I was in a totally different place in my battle with cancer than I am today. My home situation was different. I still had a son at home, (miss those kids), I was still working full time, now I'm retired, and I was fighting cancer by trying to manage it's growth with pills. Now I'm on chemotherapy. I've been battling this disease for ten years, actually almost twelve. I was diagnosed in 04. I've jumped through a lot of hoops, my wife with me. Not a lot of women would have stuck this thing out the way she has. Chemo is a lot different than pill therapy. It messes with your mind and your body, in terms of side effects. I got started on it because I was on a strong pill regimen called xtandi. My body couldn't tolerate it. They tried cutting the dose down, but I just couldn't take it. It made me so sick, I thought I was going to die. So they told me my only other choice was to go on chemo, which is my last resort as far as treatments go. That's a pretty scary proposition when you hear that. And I have to be on it for the rest of my life, unless something else comes along.

  Let me see if I can come up with an analogy that might work to describe this to you, I don't know, I'll try. You know the old saw about the t.v. commercial showing a frying pan with eggs in it, and the voice-over says this is your brain , then they scramble them and say this is your brain on drugs?It's kind of like that. A better one might be to compare it to algebra. You know the basic idea behind algebra isn't math. It's to teach you to think in a logical, systematic order, to think in a reasoned way using an order of operations that make sense. Let's call this normal brain function.Some people are able to think on a higher level, let's compare that to Pythagorean theorem. If I can just put this in a nutshell, it's using algebra to solve trigonometry problems. You have a formula for solving for sine. cosine and tangent. Some people are that smart. I've seen them. They're very smug, haha. I said that to say that on chemo, your brain goes down from that, to trying to make change for a dollar. That's probably the hardest thing I've had to adapt to in the last five years.

  But before I could even start on that, I got admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. Turns out it was COPD, which is now a huge problem for me too. I got admitted three times for that, and the doctor told me she was surprised I came out alive, but I did, and I had to build my strength back up before I could begin the chemo. I also found out I had congestive heart failure. So over the last five years, there have been some major changes in my body, and my lifestyle. It's fair to say that my life is completely different now than it was five years ago. As I've gone along, I've adapted, or tried to anyway, to changing needs and new challenges. One biggie is finding a way to exercise my brain. I've learned that you can't just sit around and do nothing. That's just waiting to die, and I'm not doing that. So one of the biggest passions in my life has always been music. Ever since I was a young kid, I've needed it in my life like I need air to breathe. I listen to everything, whether I like it or not, sometimes just to identify what's going on, structurally in the song, just to stay sharp (no pun). But I play mainly guitar, acoustic and bass. I may put up a video sometime, I don't know. But playing every day I can really helps my hand/eye coordination, as well as working my mind and trying to keep that strong. I'ts also fun, and that's important too. I'm trying to be happy, even though I'm sick. Being happy releases good chemicals in your system, which works to help healing in your body. It's good for you. So there's always a silver lining somewhere. And this is just some of the perspective that time gives. :D

3 comments:

  1. There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2349010754824,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. For:Dengue Fever, Malaria. Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Obesity, Lupus.  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count. Bacteria, Impotence Fertility,Toxoplasmosis, Diarrhea.Herpatitis A&B, Rabies. Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Gallstone, Cystic Fibrosis, Esquizofrenia, Cirrhosis,  Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Coeliac Disease, Weak Erection.  Erysipelas, Thyroid, Discharge from Penis. HPV.  Hepatitis A and B. STD. Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism,  Impotence, thyroid, Autism, Penis enlargement, Prostate Problem,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2349010754824  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dieing in pain and full of heart break. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contact him to try my luck, we talk and he send me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cure totally. I don't really know how it happen but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to go to the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady called peter Lizzy she was testifies to the world about the goodness of a herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kind of disease and the herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_sakura for my younger sister help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whats app him +2348110114739  you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me davidclara223@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete

  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete